Candle Burning Tips
Keep your candles out of drafts to prevent dripping, never (ever!) burn candles unattended, and follow the below tips for the best possible burn.
• Remove candles from packaging + cut each wick to 1/4" before initial lighting. There is no need to trim wicks again after this point.
• Position each taper securely in its holder. Making sure that each candle is straight helps to ensure that candles burn evenly. If your candle holders are a bit oversized, try our Sticky Wax to hold your candles in place.
• Burn away from drafts (open windows, AC vents, oven hoods, etc.) to prevent dripping.
• Place pillar candle on a heat resistant surface such as a pillar plate or small dish
• Trim wick to ¼”
• The first time a pillar is lit, burn the candle for at least three hours (or until a 2” diameter pool of wax is melted)
• Always burn votive candles in a heat resistant votive cup, as votives completely liquefy while burning
• Place a small amount of water (roughly a teaspoon) in the bottom of the votive holder before burning for easier release once the candle has been used
• Trim wick to ¼” inch before each lighting
Tea Light Candles
• Always burn tea lights in the provided cups, as they completely liquefy while burning
• For best experience, we recommend placing tea lights + cups in a secondary holder